Campers make friends while learning the values of diversity and cooperation
Camp 2022: June 13-August 12
This summer, the YMCA of Frederick County will offer more than 40 camps, including sports, art, humanities, outdoor adventure camps, and many more! Many camps will offer swimming, games, crafts, and character development activities.
Days will be filled with:
- Fun camp activities to engage brains
- Opportunities to explore, develop new skills, and try new things
- Plenty of physical activity and games to keep bodies active
We have launched our new Camp software, using Brightwheel for our Check in/out process, for all camp documentation, and for messaging. Updates for certain camps, inclement weather, or other important information will be distributed through Brightwheel. All notifications will come through both the app and will be available via the browser version.
It is absolutely ESSENTIAL that every person dropping of or picking up has their individual CHECK-IN CODE. This can be found under your parent profile (and you can even change it to something you will remember). Please always have your ID with you at camp.
What to Bring to Camp & What to Leave at Home
All campers should bring, daily (please label all personal items for easier identification):
- Lunch (Pack your camper’s lunch in a cooler/lunch bag with an ice pack. Food, beverages, and refrigeration are not available so please plan accordingly.)
- Water bottle (a refillable water bottle)
- Comfortable and appropriate clothing for their camp
- Closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops or sandals)
- Swimsuit & towel (Most camps swim once during the week, but the pool schedule is subject to change. Some camps may also choose to do water activities during the day.)
Do not send your camper with valuables. Campers will be prohibited from using electronics during Before & After care and camp hours. The YMCA is not liable for lost, damaged, or stolen items. Also, Please leave Pokémon cards at home.
More Ways to Save
- Join the Y! Y members always save more! On average, Y members save $40-60 per week, depending on the camp, with our member camp rate. Plus get priority registration! Learn more about Y membership and JOIN ONLINE TODAY!
- Free Extended Camp Hours. Most camp locations include FREE morning and/or afternoon extended hours from 7am – 9am and 4pm – 6pm.
Financial assistance is available through the Y’s financial assistance program. Every year we raise funds to provide assistance so that families experiencing financial hardship can give their children a meaningful summer experience. Please apply early as funds may be limited.