Education at the YMCA of Frederick County
Full-day, three-day, or five-day Educational Enrichment Program
When school is out, the Y is in! We are committed to serving all students engaged in distance learning by providing full-day educational childcare, Monday through Friday, 6:30 am-6:30 pm. Y Learning will combine fun, character-building activities with an education enrichment component. Participants will receive homework help, along with dedicated time to complete school assignments. Y trained staff will be able to offer additional opportunities for participants interested in honing in on valuable math, reading, or science skills.
All proper health and safety protocols will continue to be taken including:
- temperature checks,
- extensive sanitization,
- social distancing,
- mask requirements
- and more
Learn Y | Y Cares Components:
- Character Academy – Encourages social and emotional development of each student while building upon the Y’s character values (honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility)
- Enrichment Centers – Taking a holistic approach to the academic enrichment of every student, our well-rounded program will include Arts, Humanities, STEM, Literacy, and PE.
- Learning Centers – Caring staff will provide academic support and extended learning opportunities for students who need more time, specialized engagement, and direction to complete class assignments.
- Activity Zones – Sports and Nature Enrichment, Parks, Playgrounds and so much more to keep students physically active when not actively engaged in learning.
- Zoom Rooms – Quiet space staffed to support students participating in their scheduled distance education.
- Spots are limited and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Green Valley Elementary School (Grades KND-5th) – Full-Time
- Oakdale Elementary School (Grades KND-5th) – Full-Time
- Staley Park Building (Grades K-3rd) – Full-Time
- Tuscarora Elementary School (Grades KND-5th) – Full-Time
- YMCA Arts Center (Grades KND-5th) – Full-Time
Registration for current childcare families opens 8/4. Registration for new families opens Saturday, 8/8.
You can print the application below or pick one up at your local YMCA Branch. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that you may have additional questions, please feel free to contact your local YMCA branch.