EXTERNAL PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep your private information private by:
- Not selling your information. You have entrusted the National Council of Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America and its independent and autonomous member associations (collectively “The Y”) with your personal information, and we’re committed to using it wisely. The Y will not sell, share or otherwise transfer your personal information to anyone without your consent.
Please refer to this policy regularly. The Y may need to change this policy from time to time to address new issues and reflect changes on our websites or within YMCA branches. We will post material changes on our websites and update the “Last Date Updated” field in the “Revision History” at the bottom of this page so that you will always know our policies regarding what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose that information to anyone
This policy applies to the personal information that you provide to The Y, either through our websites and mobile applications or in person at a YMCA branch or program site. This policy does not apply to your use of unaffiliated sites to which our websites link. This policy does not apply to Personal Health Information (“PHI”) collected through the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program or any other program offered by The Y that requires the collection of PHI or other HIPPA protected information.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
The Y collects personally identifiable information (PII) from you when you voluntarily submit such information to us. The collection of PII may occur in person or on a website or mobile application operated, provided or otherwise controlled by The Y. This information may include your name, home address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, demographic information, sex-offender status, membership status, emergency contact information, and other information that we may need to collect in connection with certain events, including but not limited to:
- Registration for, or participation in, events, classes, camps, and other activities or programs offered by The Y
- Participation in YMCA Nationwide Membership
- Registration for surveys, forums, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, or other services or activities offered on our website
- Answering your inquiries about our websites, organization, membership, or other services or activities
- Registration as a member of The Y
Collection of Photographs
The Y may also collect your photograph, by capturing your image at a YMCA or scanning your personal identification card, for the purpose of identifying you as a member, volunteer or program participant. Your photograph will not be used for any commercial purpose without your authorization, and shall not be retained longer than three years from your last interaction with The Y.
Use and Disclosure of PII
If you do provide us with PII, The Y may contact you based on the information signing you provide to communicate with you about YMCA activities that may be of interest to you and your family.
The Y will use its best efforts to never disclose any PII about you to any third-party for purposes unrelated to the YMCA without having received your permission except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under applicable law.
We do not rent or sell PII, including information provided about children, to third-parties. The Y may share PII with trusted service providers, such as payment processors, technology partners or other providers that need access to your information to provide operational or other support services while you are a YMCA member or program participant. In certain circumstances, we may also share information with select similar organizations that may offer activities of interest to you. You may opt out of the Nationwide Membership data sharing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by signing a form at our front desk at any branch. If you opt out, you will not be able to participate in Nation