Water fitness can improve strength, flexibility, decrease body fat, facilitate rehabilitation and improve functionality for daily living
Think you can’t get a GREAT workout in the water? THINK AGAIN! More people than ever are exploring pool activity programs, and for good reason! Water fitness can improve strength, flexibility, cardiovascular health, decrease body fat, facilitate rehabilitation, improve functionality for daily living, and even enhance sports skills. Hop on in for a great workout that benefits people of all ages and abilities. All aquatic exercises can be tailored to fit your individual fitness needs. The water’s resistance helps build strength, endurance and it is stress-free on the body.
Self-guided programs are included in your Frederick YMCA membership. Instructor-led programs are available to members who purchase the $15 Water Fitness Advantage Pass. This pass allows members to reserve a space in any and all classes throughout the session. This pass can be purchased via the program directory below. Potential members may reserve a space in instructor-led programs for a drop-in fee. Class offerings and drop-in fee amounts can be found in the class descriptions on the online schedule. Click HERE to view schedule.
Seniors can enjoy a relaxing swim in our lap pool 3 days a week.
Senior Water Volleyball
- Want to do healthy moving-around exercise and enjoy it?
- Like to be accepted with no judgment – no matter your physical shape?
- Want to get as much energy-burn just by laughing at yourself with everyone else?
- Like to get into the water up to your stomach to prevent impact-related injuries?
- Want to join people who have become good friends while trying to beat the socks off whatever side they’re on that day?
- Then try senior water-volleyball at the Downtown Y!
Self guided water walking. Registration is required.