With so many different ways to work out at the YMCA, you are bound to find something that works for you.
Our health and wellness center (HAWC) features an elevated indoor track, Hammer Strength, Matrix and Cybex strength equipment, free weights and training areas, and state of the art cardiovascular equipment with integrated T.V.’s . We also feature the Activtrax Fitness Management System that will track your progress, receive individualized workouts and nutritional guidance. With so many different ways to work out, you are bound to find something that works for you.
Our staff is available to assist you at anytime. The HAWC opens weekdays at 5:00 am, Saturdays at 6:15 am and Sundays at 8:00 am, and closes 15 minutes prior to the closing of the main building.
Members ages 14 and over can make an appointment to meet individually with one of our certified fit floor attendants, who provide instruction on how to use the equipment. They can also help members set up a personalized exercise program on Fitlinxx, our computerized fitness trainer. Youth ages 14-17 do not need to be accompanied by an adult to use the HAWC.
All children ages 11-13 are required to participate in a fitness orientation before using the equipment in our HAWC. The orientation will focus on proper form and body alignment. Participants will be shown the equipment suitable for their age and size during the orientation. Youth will receive a customized workout plan using our Activtrax computer program. To sign up for a youth orientation contact 301-663-5131 ext. 1245. Once youth ages 11-13 complete the orientation, they are permitted to use the HAWC as long as they are accompanied by an adult. Children ages 10 and under are not allowed to exercise or stay in the Health and Wellness area.
Our Health and Wellness Center includes the following equipment:
- Treadmills with integrated TVs
- Incline Trainers (treadmills for high incline training)
- Concept II Rowers
- Treadclimbers (a type of incline training treadmill)
- Expresso bikes (a virtual bike riding experience)
- Recumbent and Upright Bikes with integrated TV’s
- Elliptical trainers with integrated TV’s (three different types)
- Lateral and Seated Ellipticals
- Arc Trainers with integrated TV’s (similar to Ellipticals, and two different types)
- Stepmills (a revolving staircase) and Steppers
- Upper Body Ergometer (an upper body cycling workout)
- Adaptive Motion Trainer (a movement-versatile elliptical)
- Over 25 different Cybex Strength Training Machines
- Barbells (Olympic and Power bars available)
- Deadlift/Olympic Lift Platform
- 4 Squat Racks
- Dumbbells (multiple full sets)
- 2 Large Cable/Pulley Strength Systems
- Medicine Balls
- Resistance Bands
- Body Bars
- Smith Machine
- Plate Loaded Strength Machines
- Battle Ropes