What Will Your Teen Do This Summer?
During the summertime, youth are usually looking for fun and creative ways to spend their time. The Y is a great way for your preteen/teen to find new activities, friends, and passions through many different programs catered to their age. We have several camps and programs that range in age, up to 12 or 16.
Stay Physically Active
Does your teen like to stay physically active? Or looking to try something new? No matter their interests, the Y offers different programs for your teens to enjoy themselves, while staying physically active.
- Got Game? No matter their sport or choice, we have opportunities for them to hone their skills including basketball, gymnastics or soccer.
- Looking to learn something new? Consider trying something new like golf, cheerleading, or gladiator camp.
- Want to hang out and have fun? Have fun in a group with Dodgeball, Trick Shot, or Flag football.
Learn More About Themselves
Being a preteen/teen is a challenging time, learning about yourself and thinking about your future. It’s a great time to get involved, learn some life skills, and possibly find a new passion.
- The Strive High Camp helps teens understand empathy, responsibility, personal development, emotion management, and building relationships.
- Learn the basics of cooking, while discovering the different cultures and flavors of the world that you might enjoy.
- Learn basic horsemanship as well as safety through technique and use of equipment.
- Science Surrounds Us every second of every day. Learn how to interact with science using STEAM and doing fun activities to explore the world of science at this camp.
- One of the most interesting things to learn about is Space. Space camp participants take a mission to the stars and learn about our universe and our solar system.
Learning leadership qualities at a young age is an important skill. Preteens/teens have the opportunity to learn these skills in different programs being offered by the Y.
- Learn what it takes to be a lifeguard at Junior Lifeguard Camp! Learn how to keep the people around you safe by understanding the safety protocols and learning the techniques of CPR to save lives.
- Interested in working with children? The Counselor-In-Training (CIT) program is designed to give teens the opportunity to gain valuable life skills through a work-like experience.
Give Back To Your Community
- Giving back to the community is something every citizen should do. After a tough two years, our community is looking to build back in the best way possible. Summer Serve Camp provides local youth the opportunity to spend their summer volunteering, developing leadership skills, and making friendships that last a lifetime.