Late Summer/Fall we plan to do a little Renew-Refresh-Renovate!
Update August 1, 2021
As previously announced, we are about to begin renovations at the Downtown Y.
To prep for the new equipment, we will be closing the Downtown Health & Wellness area beginning at 7am on August 10 through August 16. Reopening at 5am on August 17.
We do have some other options for you to workout and be physically active at this time:
- Check out the Natelli Family Y. You can access and use the full facility there. (You can also use this opportunity to get your eGYM orientation for when the equipment is added to the Downtown Y)
- Visit our temporary fitness area at the Y Warehouse. Equipment available includes dumbbells, kettlebells, racks/bars/benches, rower, assault, and treadmill. Space and parking is limited. It is recommended that you park behind the YMCA and walk across the street.
Hours: Mon.-Fri.: 5-9am, 5-9pm, Sat.: 6am-4pm
- Personal Training will continue. Our trainers will be set up either at the warehouse or outside and we still offer virtual personal training. (Speak to your trainer about your scheduled session(s) that week.)
- Learn pickleball or shoot hoops in the gymnasium. The gymnasium will be open and a perfect opportunity to shoot some hoops with your friends or try your hand at pickleball. (Check out the gymnasium schedule online.)
- Try a group fitness class. We have several classes perfect for those looking to break a sweat including cycle, bodycombat and kettlebells.
- Take a dip in the pool. Swimming builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness! Sign up for lap swimming!
July 20, 2021
Here are a few of the improvements at the Downtown Y:
Health & Wellness Phase I:
- August 18: We will be adding a state-of-the-art 8-piece eGYM circuit that tracks your personal settings (weight, seat, and positions). Simply swipe a fob/bracelet and you’re on your way to a 30-minute, full-body workout. We are the only facility in the state of Maryland to have this equipment!! [insert link/video].
- Aug. 19 & 20: Staff Training on eGYM equipment.
- Aug. 20: Member Orientation and eGYM equipment use begins
Don’t wait: Please note that this equipment is currently in use at the Natelli Family Y and you can sign up for orientation at the Natelli Family Y now and use your bracelet at either location!
The gymnasium will be closed from August 20 through September 5 to refinish the floors.
Health & Wellness Phase II
Late Sept. we will be replacing equipment including new strength and cardio equipment. At this time, the health and wellness facility will be closed for several days to renovate and move new equipment in safely.
Effective Saturday, September 11, the Downtown Y will expand Saturday hours to be open 6am-6pm and will open Sundays from 8am-4pm.
Natelli Family Y
On August 17, we will be adding 3 more pieces of eGYM equipment (to make a total of 11 pieces). We will have health and wellness staff members on-site to ensure that you are fitted and oriented on the new equipment.
In September, there will also be the addition of:
- 2 Arc trainers (The Arc Trainer produces less stress on the knees than walking and is ideal for general exercisers, those looking for a challenging HIIT workout, and everyone in between. It’s really three machines in one. At lower incline levels, it glides like a cross-country skier. In the middle, it strides like an elliptical. At higher levels, it’s a climber.)
- 2 Alpines (Achieve your toughest fitness goals with the perfect combination of traditional treadmill and incline trainer, giving a unique and more efficient workout experience.)
- Smith machine (A smith machine allows users to perform a wide array of exercises such as squats, bench press, rows, seated overhead press, and drag curl. The greatest benefit of the equipment is that it allows you to spot yourself while you exercise because the barbell is attached to the rails.)
- ActivTrax (Like at our Downtown location, ActivTrax takes the guesswork out of getting fit. An exercise and nutrition planner based on your goals with easy-to-follow directions.)
Effective September 11, the Natelli Family Y will expand Saturday hours to be open 6am-6pm