Making an Impact at the YMCA
By: Kimberly S Chaney, CPA, Endowment Committee Member
Unprecedented [pronounced: uhn-pres-i-den-tid]
- Without previous instance; never before known or experienced; unparalleled:
- Word of the Year for 2020
2020 created economic and social chaos for many of us as individuals and many nonprofits such as the YMCA of Frederick County. The community’s need for services increased, but membership and donations declined.
As a membership organization, approximately one-third of the Y’s budget comes from family and individual memberships. During 2020, membership decreased by 45%, significantly impacting operations.
While entirely understandable that some members have been unable to maintain their monthly dues, we are still concerned about our YMCA’s long-term health. Their ability to support the Frederick community with programs and services founded in social responsibility, healthy living, and youth development must continue– today and for another 160 years!
To provide a way for our community members interested in “paying it forward” to help other members who have had difficulties due to the pandemic or otherwise, the Y has created an Impact Membership. An Impact Membership allows individuals to help fund our programs and services for those who may be struggling.
For just $25/month, your Impact Membership:
- Ensures the survival of the Frederick County YMCA
- Provides you the satisfaction of helping others and strengthening our community
- Access to an online community of like-minded individuals
- Monthly e-newsletter with timely information and opportunity for volunteer engagement
- Ability to easily upgrade your membership to include use of facilities (Downtown and South County)
- Tax-deductible contribution (for contributions above the value received)
Your Impact Membership ensures the Y’s services and programs are inclusive for all, leading to a healthier community overall. Become an Impact Member today!
Should you or a loved one be interested in learning more about our Impact Membership or other giving options at the YMCA of Frederick County, please contact Tom Clingman at (301) 663-5131 or firstname.lastname@example.org