More Downtown Renovations (and Beyond) are Coming!
As we head into winter, we have plans to continue renovating the Downtown branch and beyond to offer the very best in programs and services for our members and community to learn, grow and thrive! We’ve already completed renovations to convert the old Teen Room into a new Rock Steady Boxing space conveniently located near the front lobby. Additionally, our flood mitigation work, covered with funds from FEMA, is almost complete.
- The FunZone will move into the Game Room (across from the front membership desk) temporarily on November 30. The outdated climbing structure will be removed, and we are adding a gymnastics tumble area available for Fun Zone and classes. Fun Zone will be in Game Room for approximately six weeks while we complete the renovations.
- The Downtown Y Lobby will be renovated starting in early Spring thanks to a Capital Grant from the Governor’s Office.
- Group Exercise Studio B will be renovated into a new Functional HIIT Studio. The new space provides several training formats offered as high-intensity group workouts that are results-driven in a fun setting. Equipped with cardio machines, strength, and functional equipment to offer the participant a time-efficient workout all in one place.
Beyond the Downtown Y Facility:
- At the Y Warehouse (26 E 9th Street, Frederick), we will be renovating this space, and moving forward, gymnastics will be offered at the Downtown Y and the Natelli Family Y. We will be adding four (4) indoor pickleball courts as well as an indoor multipurpose court to be used for volleyball and indoor recreational soccer.
- At the Y Arts Center (115 East Church Street, Frederick), we are adding a Ceramic Studio, Recording Studio, and a MakerSpace. The Ceramics Studio has a new kiln, pottery wheels, glazes, tools, and tables. The Recording Studio will feature a 16-track recording capability with professional-quality recording equipment. The Maker Space Studio will feature sewing machines, building materials, and iPads to explore STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) curriculum. All of this is thanks to a large grant from the Rotary Club of Carroll Creek.
- At the Natelli Family Y (3481 Campus Drive, Ijamsville), we will be adding one (1) multipurpose court that can hold up to three (3) outside pickleball courts and an additional pavilion, thanks to some funding from a Legislative Bond Bill.