When using the YMCA you must present your membership card. If your card has been lost, a new card can be purchased for a $5 fee. Or you may download the Frederick County Family YMCA app onto your smartphone, save your barcode in the app, and scan in using the app.
Since we are a family organization, and to ensure continued safety, we ask that YMCA members and guests consider the YMCA’s four core values (Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility) in their choice of attire by observing the guidelines* below:
- Shoes: Shoes must be worn at all times (Except for fun zone, pool, and yoga). Closed-toed shoes (no sandals or crocs) in the fitness center.
- Tops: You must wear a full shirt/tank in program areas at all times. (Chest, sports bra, and midriff should be covered). Shirts with inappropriate designs, logos, or offensive language are prohibited.
- Bottoms: Shorts should be mid-thigh in length.
* The YMCA reserves the right to define inappropriate/offensive attire.
Membership dues are refundable up to 15 days from signup date. There are no refunds for temporary memberships.
The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any class that does not meet minimum enrollment. Members will be issued a voucher for classes canceled by the YMCA. A refund will only be issued if requested by the participant.
If a participant drops out of a class prior to the start, the YMCA will retain a 25% service fee. The balance will be issued as a voucher for use at the YMCA. After the class has met once, no credits are issued.
In case of a medical emergency, a voucher will be issued for classes not attended if the emergency occurs before the third week of the session and the participant will miss all remaining classes. A doctor’s note must be presented within two months to receive the credit. Only vouchers will be issued. Refunds will not be offered.
The YMCA will not refund or issue credit vouchers for weather-related cancellations. Every effort will be made to make up missed classes.
In-house credits will be issued for all refunds in the amount of $15 or less.
Credits/vouchers may be designated as contributions to the YMCA’s Annual Campaign fund.
The YMCA reserves the right to apply credit/voucher refund requests to satisfy financial obligations to the YMCA including, but not limited to, Non-Sufficient Funds, Program, and Childcare Balance Dues for the participant.
This refund/credit information pertains to membership dues and program fees. It does not apply to fees paid for childcare and camp programs.
Non-Sufficient Funds Procedure
If your check/ACH Draft or Credit/Debit Card auto withdrawal is returned unpaid, it will be your responsibility to ensure payment is made to keep your account in good standing. We will attempt to recollect Credit/Debit Card auto withdrawal returned payments electronically. For all outstanding balances from check/ACH Draft or Credit/Debit Card auto withdrawal returned unpaid, we will send a letter to your home address to notify you of the matter and request payment. The Y will assess a minimum return payment fee of $25.00 or the maximum amount allowed by law. Check writer/Card holder is also responsible for all other collection costs, including but not limited to, attempts to recollect payments electronically.
The YMCA of Frederick County is a membership organization; our facilities and programs are developed and maintained for our members’ use. For Y members to share the Y experience, a 7-day trial pass is available online.
The trial pass may only be utilized at the YMCA once (1) in a 12-month period. The visitor must complete a Waiver and take a photo for our records. Visitors who fail to complete a waiver and take a photo will be denied access to the facility.
Membership Payment Options
Monthly: Through our bank draft plan, dues are automatically transferred from your checking or credit card account to the YMCA. Payment is required for days until the draft begins. No renewal notices are sent. Membership is continuous until member notifies the YMCA in writing by mail, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person. No faxed or phoned in terminations are accepted. A 30-day notice is required. The YMCA cannot be responsible for mail and e-mail that does not reach us. Please follow up with us to be sure we received your notification.
Annually: Cash, check, or credit card. Annual membership is in effect for one year from the date of joining. Renewal notices are sent the month prior to the annual membership renewal month. Membership fees are non-refundable after 15 days.
A joining fee is required for each new membership. This is a one-time fee as long as the membership remains continuous. If the membership expires and you decide to re-join, you will be given the option of paying a new joining fee or renewing your membership using the original anniversary date and paying for elapsed months. Joining fees fund major maintenance and repairs of equipment as well as new purchases.
Y Nationwide Membership
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your “home” YMCA (your home location is the facility that enrolled you as a member and that collects your membership dues).
With Nationwide Membership, members can visit any participating Y in the United States and Puerto Rico through membership at their home Y, at no additional cost. Nationwide Membership is an essential part of our cause to strengthen communities.
- The YMCA is a tobacco-free campus. This includes: vaping, e-cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco.
- Members must present their membership cards each time they use the Y.
- Any member lending his/her membership card to another person will lose all membership privileges. No refund will be given.
- Children age 5 and under may use either the boys’ or girls’ youth locker room if accompanied by a parent or guardian. Adults must be accompanied by a child in the youth locker rooms. Children under 18 are not permitted in the adult locker rooms.
- For your child’s safety, when attending an adult program, you must use the YMCA Fun Zone unless your child is enrolled in another program at the same time. Children may not be left unattended in the lobby areas or other parts of the facility at any time. Please note that a 90-minute daily time limit is observed in the Fun Zone for children age 3 months through 10 years. Children age 10 and over can utilize the Youth Center for up to four hours per day.
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please don’t leave valuables in lockers.
- Please keep all food and beverages in the lobby/seating areas.
- Prices, fees, facility schedule, hours of operation, classes, and instructors are subject to change. Changes may occur during a session. Notices will be posted when changes are made.
- Please report vandalism or repairs needed so we may maintain the facility in the best possible condition.
- Please follow posted traffic signs, speed limits and designated fire lanes.
- The use of any device capable of photographic images is strictly prohibited in YMCA locker rooms, restrooms and changing areas.
- Any use of photo capable devices in program areas must have approval of instructor.
- To ensure the safety of our members and guests, the YMCA uses video surveillance and recording throughout the building except in locker rooms.
- The YMCA prohibits staff from babysitting members and guests whom they meet here at the YMCA.
- The YMCA may use and take photographs as needed to be used in marketing and promotional materials. Anyone entering the building or grounds may be a part of those photos.
Special Needs Accessibility
Most exercise areas in the YMCA are accessible for individuals with special needs. Handicap parking is available in designated spaces out front. Please see a Member Services Representative if you have any questions.
Holidays: The YMCA is closed on designated holidays throughout the year. In addition to scheduled holiday closings, we will have early closings on or around other holidays throughout the year.
Inclement Weather: Please visit the Y website at frederickymca.org or call the Y Info Line at 301.696.9622 for information regarding YMCA program and facility operations on inclement weather days. The YMCA will close aquatic areas, according to safety regulations, for a 30 minute period after the last lightning flash. The YMCA will make every effort to make up classes missed due to inclement weather and other YMCA closings.
The YMCA may take and use photographs as needed to be used in marketing and promotional materials. Anyone entering the building or grounds may be a part of those photos.
Standards of Conduct
The foundation of the YMCA is the mission to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. The YMCA creates an atmosphere of a caring community and a place in which everyone is made to feel special and cared about. The standards of conduct have been put into place to ensure that everyone at the YMCA feels this way.
Members, program participants or guests who violate one of the standards listed below may have their membership privileges suspended or terminated.
- Vandalism or malicious destruction of YMCA or member property
- Lending membership card to a person to gain access
- Possession, use or distribution of drugs or alcohol on YMCA property or at YMCA sponsored events or programs
- Use of profanity in the YMCA facility
- Disruptive behavior
- Verbal, threatening or physically or emotionally abusive behavior to other members or staff
- Disrespectful behavior to members, guests or staff
- Proper workout and/or swim attire must be worn at all times. All apparel (lack of apparel) should be appropriate for a family environment. Please refer to the dress code.
YMCA of Frederick County Sex Offender Policy
It is the policy of the YMCA of Frederick County to not allow a known registered sex offender on any YMCA properties or sites (including non-owned sites that we operate) so the safety of participants can be maintained.
Digital Community Guidelines
The YMCA of Frederick County’s social media, blogs, and forums are for anyone who believes in the cause of the Y. Feel free to share your Y stories, tips and ideas and participate in our online community.
If you have questions, comments or concerns about the Y, we will do our best to connect you with you and we may reach out to you directly regarding your comments. For expedient assistance, please contact us directly.
We consider this online community one big YMCA. We want to hear from you on social media, our blogs, and our forums but have a few things that we do not allow:
- Posts that contain, discuss or promote:
- abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language
- personal attacks of any kind
- illegal activity
- political campaigns
- religious issues
- legal or employment issues
- posting of premium content from any website
- fake news or any content intended to mislead
- Conversations that negatively target specific individuals, groups, or organizations
- Posts that are spam, solicitations or advertisements
- Contest and voting campaign posts that are not authorized by the YMCA of Frederick County
- Any profile icon or name related to commercial content that promotes another business, website, specialty page other than a Y or those approved by the YMCA of Frederick County
- Personally identifiable information (like phone numbers or email addresses), private or sensitive details about another person
- Material or information that you don’t have the right to post or share
Differences of opinion are welcome as long as they are respectful. Be courteous and respect those asking questions with friendly, informative discussions. If it’s not, it will be deleted. Posters will be permanently banned immediately for a serious, willful, and/or repeated violation of any of these rules.
User-submitted content (including comments, updates, photos and videos) do not necessarily represent the views of the YMCA of Frederick County.
The statements and opinions posted by registered participants to these forums and blogs are offered for educational, informational, and social purposes only, should not be construed as personal medical advice, and are not intended to diagnose any medical condition or replace your or anyone else’s healthcare provider. Please consult with a physician or local healthcare provider before taking any advice that might affect you or anyone else’s health and well-being.
Some links featured on our website, social media, blogs, and forums will take you to non-YMCA websites. The views and opinions of authors expressed on those websites do not necessarily state or reflect those of the YMCA of Frederick County.
WIFI Terms & Conditions
By using The YMCA of Frederick Guest WIFI internet service, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that there are significant security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in accessing or transmitting information through the internet, whether the connection is facilitated through wired or wireless technology.