Health and Safety Protocols
Updated May 17, 2021.
Effective Tuesday at 5 am, the following changes to mask-wearing are in effect:
- Members will no longer be required to wear masks while actively working out (Group Exercise classes, Health & Wellness Center, Indoor Track, and the Gymnasium.)
- Masks will be required in all common areas.
- We strongly encourage those who are not vaccinated to continue wearing a face covering and physically distancing. While we are not in a position to know who has and hasn’t been vaccinated, there’s no better time to take care of our neighbors as we exhibit our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Safety protocols governing Y policy for youth program participants vary based on state licensing requirements.
- 2-4: strongly encouraged to continue mask-wearing at all times.
- 3-5 attending Head Start: required to wear a mask at all times except while eating or napping, per Head Start guidance.
- 5-11: required to wear a mask at all times indoors. Outside, masks are still required in Child Care settings.
- 12 and over who are vaccinated, are required to wear masks when in common areas, when not actively working out.
- 12 and over who are not vaccinated, are strongly encouraged to voluntarily continue mask-wearing at all times.
We will make every effort to enforce the wishes of parents who request that their children wear masks in these settings.
When spectating a youth indoor activity, we are asking adults to continue to wear masks, not only because it is a common space but in an effort to be good role models, as youth are required to wear masks.
For the immediate future, as we are assessing the data and options, all Y associates are required to wear masks while working indoors, or outside, at Y facilities and programs with the exception of lifeguards and group fitness instructors while actively instructing or guarding.
Health & Safety Protocols
- Temperature checks will continue. Child Care and Head Start locations will also continue to do daily health screenings for staff and children.
- Exercise equipment will continue to be socially distanced, no additional equipment will be brought in.
- To ensure social distancing, pre-registration is still required for the fun zone, water fitness or group exercise classes, lap lanes, water walking, and family swim.
- Cleaning procedures will continue including by health and wellness staff and our nightly cleaning crew. Wipes are located throughout our facility and should be used to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- We have updated our systems to provide advanced filtration and purification in our centers. Filtration within our buildings are also separate by location. (i.e., Health & Wellness system is separate from Fun Zone system with no cross-contamination)
The Y is strongly committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for everyone who accesses our programs and facilities. This is now and always will be our number one priority. Throughout the pandemic we have worked very hard to adapt to rapidly changing conditions, balancing health and safety concerns while also trying to provide a satisfying member experience for all.
- Y associates will respectfully insist that all health and safety practices are followed at all times. Please be respectful as they do their job to ensure all staff and members remain safe.
- The Y will adjust policies based on local and state environmental indicators and metrics, as well as local jurisdiction, state mandates, the CDC, and other public health guidelines including MSDE and MDH. Thank you!