Sports Hall of Fame
Each year we recognize individuals who, through their accomplishments and contributions in the field of athletics, bring honor to self and to Frederick County. Alvin G. Quinn was the Executive Director of the YMCA of Frederick County from 1919 to 1960. No individual has ever had such an impact on so many of the area’s young people during his 40 year career as did Mr. Quinn.
The following criteria will be used to determine an individual’s eligibility for induction into the Alvin G. Quinn Sports Hall of Fame:
- The candidate, by his/her accomplishments and contributions in the field of athletics, has brought honor to self and to Frederick County.
- The candidate has been a resident of Frederick City/County for not less than five years prior to his/her accomplishments.
- The candidate must meet either of the following criteria: Must be retired from active participation in his field of endeavor for three years OR must have been actively participating in his/her field of endeavor for ten years.
- All candidates shall be chosen on an individual basis; teams shall not be considered collectively.
- A candidate shall be at least twenty-one years of age.
- Candidates who meet all qualification, but are deceased, are eligible for memberships.
- If you would like to nominate someone for the Sports Hall of Fame, please download the application from the documents listed below and return to YMCA of Frederick County, Attn: Kim Hart, 1000 N. Market Street, Frederick, MD 21701.
Hall of Fame Documents:
|HOF - 2017 - Patron Sponsors||48.3 KB||2|
|Sports Hall Of Fame Complete Inductee List 2016||139.7 KB||495|
|Sports Hall of Fame Nomination Form||93.3 KB||338|
The Quinn Essentials
The Alvin G. Quinn Sports Hall of Fame produces a quarterly newsletter that includes event info, Hall of Fame announcements, and other relevant information. Click here to visit the newsletter’s page. To sign up for the email, please click here.