Why the Y? The South County Family YMCA Open for All
The YMCA of Frederick County is pleased to announce the opening of the South County Family YMCA, April 2021. An Open House is planned for Saturday & Sunday, April 10 & 11.
The Urbana community is growing and the Y is here for families to thrive. Conveniently positioned between the Urbana Middle School and Urbana High School, the Y will provide positive activities from an early age to help young people reach their full potential so they can grow into thriving adults!
With the Y, you’re not just a member of a facility, you’re part of a cause committed to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors.
Why the Y?
- Volunteer Opportunities: More than 400 volunteers are engaged in serving the community through the Y.
- Youth Programming: We’re a national leader in youth sports and out-of-school programming with a proven track record of engaging, encouraging, and empowering youth.
- Largest Child Care Provider: The Y is the largest child care provider in Frederick County. More than 10,000 of our participants are under the age of 18.
- Summer Camp: Our summer camps open opportunities for kids to experience new hobbies, interests and adventures while learning what it means to be a good friend and leader.
- Job Creation: the YMCA facility will add more than 100 jobs including adults with disabilities and opportunities for teens to have their first job.
- Community Partnerships: The Y currently partners with over 30 nonprofits in Frederick and will use this new facility to expand partnerships and collaboration in the Frederick County community.
- Financial Assistance: The Y provided more than $500K in scholarships in 2019. Our goal is to expand these scholarships in future years.
How to support the YMCA
We believe that everyone – no matter who they are or where they are from – deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential. The Y is a charitable organization. We’re here for our community and even offer financial assistance through our Annual Campaign, to those that cannot afford the full cost of programs or membership.
The South County Family YMCA needs the support of the community. We are asking individuals, families, friends of the YMCA of Frederick County, and residents of Urbana, and the surrounding area to contribute to the Capital Campaign to ensure the facility has the funds to continue the needed programs and resources to support this community.
These commemorative bricks are available to anyone looking to support the Y and our mission of providing programs and services that build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Help us ensure everyone in your community has access to essential programs and resources! All proceeds go directly to the South County Family YMCA Capital Campaign
Order a custom engraved brick:
- In Memory of a loved one
- Honoring a youth athlete
- Recognizing your business as a YMCA supporter
Should you or a loved one be interested in learning more about planned giving options at the YMCA of Frederick County, please contact YMCA Vice President of Social Responsibility Tom Clingman at 301-663-5132 or email@example.com.