What can my kid do at the YMCA?
So you have signed up for a household membership at the YMCA and you are wondering what each of you can do, either together or on your own. We want families to build healthy habits together and our mission is #healthyliving but we need to ensure everyone is safe. Please find information below to help you plan out your visit.
3 months – 10 years
- Fun Zone (Reservations Required)
- Age-appropriate youth sports classes including Kinder Kicks and Tumble Gymnastics ($fee/session basis)
- Walking Indoor Track with Parent
- Age-appropriate family class in Studio A using Les Mills On Demand (such as Born to Move) Must reserve Studio A for On-Demand. A parent must be present. (Reservations Required)
- Family Swim (children must do swimming evaluation) (Reservations Required)
- Access the gymnasium for open gym/basketball with a parent (Check gym schedule for availability)
Ages 10 -13
- Can enter and access the facility on their own (If accessing on their own, ensure they have their own ID card to scan in)
- Can participate with a parent in Group Exercise Classes (ages 11-13 only). Exception: Les Mills Bodypump classes.
- Can use the H&W center with a parent, only during Family Fitness Time (last 3 hours facility open). There are limitations on equipment. They can use treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals. The minimum height requirement is 4’11.” Resistance bands and functional bodyweight exercises will also be introduced. Strength equipment or eGYM is not permitted. We recommend scheduling a youth orientation.
- Can walk/run indoor track
- Access the gymnasium for open gym/basketball (Check gym schedule for availability)
- Play games/Use the Intergenerational room
- Lap swim/Family Swim (must pass swimming evaluation) (Reservations Required)