YMCA OF FREDERICK COUNTY SETS KIDS UP FOR SUCCESS THIS SUMMER AT HEALTHY KIDS DAY
Free and open to the public, this annual event features a day of fun-filled activities to celebrate kids being kids.
Frederick, MD, May 6 – The YMCA of Frederick County is hosting its annual Healthy Kids Day® on May 6 from 10am-1pm at the Natelli family Y, 3481 Campus Drive, Ijamsville, MD. This free, annual event features a variety of family-friendly activities to encourage healthy kids, healthy families and a healthy start to the summer season.
“It is so important for kids to stay active over the summer, both physically and mentally,” said Chris Colville, CEO. “At the Y, we believe in providing resources to families to ensure that their children have access to what they need to reach their full potential, no matter the time of year. Healthy Kids Day is a fun, free community-wide event that encourages families to take advantage of all the great summer resources that the Y has to offer.”
Keeping Kids Healthy All Summer Long
In celebration of this annual kick-off to summer, we are sharing a list of five activities that we encourage you to share with your kids. The goal is to have them try something new at the Y by promoting a variety of opportunities to get involved in active play – hopefully, this will inspire a lifetime love of physical and mental activity!
- Find Your Swimming Skills with Y: Each year the Y teaches over 3,000 children to swim. This helps them find their CONFIDENCE, teaches a lifelong skill and introduces them to lifelong fun.
- Find Your Adventure with Y Summer Camp: Summer is a time for kids to explore new things and expand the limits of their imagination. Whether experiencing the wonder of Camp West Mar or having a blast with new friends at day camps offered at the Downtown Y or Natelli Family Y, many children and teens find their ADVENTURE with the Y.
- Find your Passion with Y Sports: Youth sports are just the start of something bigger– besides teaching healthy living principles, they also teach the value of teamwork, help fuel determination and build character. We have a variety of youth sports programs, anything from Short Sports to Martial Arts, to help keep children active while igniting their PASSION for something greater.
- Find Your Voice with Y Teen Programs: We believe young people have the power to change the world. Our teen and young adult programs are designed to help young people develop the skills and confidence they need to lead positive change in our community and beyond.
- Find Your Curiosity with STEM Programs: Our Maker Space studio provides programming that incorporates science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. This integrated approach encourages students to think more broadly about real-world problems and solutions.
The YMCA of Frederick County YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day takes place at the Natelli Family Y on May 6 from 10am to 1pm and features fun, active play and educational activities, such as community resources and kids activities. Locally, Healthy Kids Day is sponsored by our presenting sponsor, Frederick Health.