COVID-19 Facility Information
What Should I Bring?
- Please bring a mask, a workout towel, and a water bottle. Leave your bag at home. (Locker rooms are recommended for swimmers only)
- Masks are required unless you are swimming or showering.
Which Areas Are Closed?
- The Fun Zone is operating with limited hours.
- Many INSIDE group exercise classes are not being held. Most are being held outside, weather permitting.
- Locker Rooms are recommended for those swimming only.
- Steam Rooms/Saunas are closed.
- Lounges and coffee station will be unavailable.
Staying Safe Together!
The YMCA of Frederick County is implementing the following safety protocols in an effort to reduce the health risks for members, staff, and other visitors to our facility.
What is the YMCA Doing?
- Single Entry (and single Exit, as much as possible): To help us maintain our safety protocols, we will maintain a single entry point at all YMCA locations. At the Downtown Y, the Courtesy Exit is available on the first level outside the pool area.
- Regular Temperature Checks: Both staff and members will receive temperature checks before being allowed to start their work shift or to check-in.
- PPE for All Staff: All staff will be required to wear masks and other personal protective equipment.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry. Or a contactless check-in will be provided.
- Designed for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
How are we asking Members to help maintain safety?
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well.
- Be Ready for Temperature Checks: All members will have their temperature taken before check-in.
- Please bring a Towel, a Mask, and a Water Bottle: Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel. The Y also requests that members wear a mask at all times except for when swimming or showering.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, the facility is limited to 50% capacity.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down ALL equipment before and after use with the provided cleaning materials.