Stay Connected to Your Y Community While Practicing Social Distancing
The Y has always brought people together. During a time of community-mandated closures and recommendations to shut down programs and limit gatherings, Ys are maintaining connections with their communities at a distance online.
- Frederick County Senior Services Division
- Maryland Department of Aging
- Sign up for a daily call/check-in by calling 1-866-50-CHECK or register online.
- National Council on Aging Blog on where to get food
- Mental Health Association offers 24-hour call center and virtual walk-in services
- The Rescue Mission – Food Pantry – Temporary Changes Due To Covid-19
- The Community Action Agency – Food Pantry – Temporary Changes Due To Covid-19
- Call 2-1-1 for immediate assistance with your community and human services needs. Staff is specially trained and answers calls 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- TransIT requiring facial covering (update April 9)
YMCA Online Fitness Resources
Online Fitness Resources
- Workout To Go from the National Institute of Aging
- 14 Exercises to Improve Strength & Balance
- Boost Memory and Lower Dementia Risk
- Why Walking is the Most Underrated Form of Exercise
- Try These 8 Equipment-Free Exercises
- Seated Exercises
- Lower Back Pain? Try These
- If you’re new to yoga or want to revisit the practice, here’s a primer for getting started
- How to Stockpile Healthy and Nutritious Food
- These Are the Kitchen Staples We’re Stocking up on—Plus 25 Family-Friendly Recipes You Can Make With Them
- Dr. Mark Hyman, M.D. shares 10 ways to boost your immunity, many of which you may already have in your pantry (hint: garlic is one of them).
- Easy Recipes to Cook While You’re Self-Quarantined
Although you can’t get out and tour some of these amazing locations, you can view them virtually from the comfort of your home: