September 1 – October 16
(hunger action month – world food day)
All donations support local schoolchildren on weekends and school breaks.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT FOOD FROM THIS LIST:
- Spaghetti O’s 15oz can – NO micro cups, please
- Chicken Noodle Soup 10.5oz can
- Tuna Fish 5oz can – NO packs or boxes, please
- Mac & Cheese box 7.25oz – NO micro cups, please
- Oats & Honey Granola Bars 2 bar/pkg – NO peanut bars, please
- Single-serve Instant Oatmeal packets any flavor
A DONATION BOX WILL BE AT THE FRONT DESK OF THE DOWNTOWN Y ON MARKET STREET.
Blessings in a Backpack is a non profit that currently feeds 2500 Frederick County schoolchildren a year by providing food on the weekends and on school breaks to students that rely on school meals as their primary source of nutrition.
One of our core values at the YMCA is caring: to demonstrate a sincere concern for others, their needs and well-being. BIAB’s mission is to mobilize the local community, individuals and resources to help provide food locally to schoolchildren while raising awareness about childhood hunger. Combining the YMCA’s mission and core values, with BIAB’s dedication to end childhood hunger, is a powerful union that invites you to have an impact right here right now.
Please consider donation to this food drive and make a difference right in your backyard.
For more information on Blessings in a Backpack, please go to biabfrederickmd.org