- Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Operating hours apply to all branches.
No guests are permitted at this time. Members Only.
We are excited to begin reopening on XXXXXX! We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities. On XXXXXX, we will begin reopening our branches in phases, and will gradually get back to our new normal. All of our facilities will adhere to these guidelines.
- Members must maintain minimum of 6 feet distance.
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility.
- Staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks and gloves).
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance.
- Time will be limited on all cardio equipment.
- Group exercise classes will continue outdoors and virtually through YMCA Phase I.
- No basketball.
- No pickleball.
- Pool, saunas, whirlpool and locker rooms closed at the beginning of Phase I.
- Coffee will not be available.
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will only be for members during YMCA Phase I.
- No use of saunas or steam rooms, as a minimum safe distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- Reduced Branch hours: Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday: 6 a.m.-2 p.m.; Sunday: Closed
- Only every other cardio equipment will be used.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand-washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Pools and FunZone will reopen in YMCA Phase II.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state, and local guidelines. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home.
As we prepare to reopen, the YMCA of Frederick County is implementing the following safety protocols in an effort to reduce the health risks for members, staff, and other visitors to our facility.
What the YMCA is doing:
- Single Entry (and single Exit, as much as possible): To help us maintain our safety protocols, we will maintain a single entry point at all YMCA locations. At the Downtown Y, those physically capable, have the option to exit from the health and wellness center side stairs to the side parking lot.
- Regular Temperature Checks: Both staff and members will receive temperature checks before being allowed to start their work shift or to check-in.
- PPE for All Staff: All staff will be required to wear masks and other personal protective equipment.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry. Or a contactless check-in will be provided.
- Designed for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
How can you help maintain safe environment?
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Be Ready for Temperature Checks: All members will have their temperature taken prior to check-in. We will also ask you five health screening questions when you enter the center.
- Keep the Kids at Home: We are unable to provide Zone service at this time and recommend you not bring children and other family members with you as common area seating will be unavailable
- Bring a Towel, a Mask, and a Water Bottle (But no Bags): Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel. The Y also requests that members bring a mask and wear it whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present. Bags of any type or size should be left at home.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our wellness areas will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity, you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down ALL equipment before and after use with the provided cleaning materials.
- Please bring a mask, a workout towel, and a water bottle. Leave your bag at home. (Locker rooms will be closed)
- We ask that you wear a mask whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
- Health and Wellness Center
- Walking Track
- Outdoor Group Exercise Classes
- The Fun Zone is closed at both branches.
- All group activities remain suspended, including group exercise classes
- Pools and locker rooms will also be closed.
- Y Teaching Kitchen and the Warehouse remain closed as well
- Pickup Basketball, Pickleball, and Racquetball
- Lounges and coffee station will be unavailable.
Keep the Kids at Home