- Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Operating hours apply to all branches.
Members Only. No guests are permitted at this time.
We are excited to begin reopening on Friday, June 19 at 5pm. We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities. On Friday, June 19 at 5pm, we will begin reopening our branches in phases, and will gradually get back to our “new normal.” All of our facilities and programs will adhere to these guidelines.
- Revised Branch hours: Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday: 6 a.m.-2 p.m.; Sunday: Closed
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance, the front entrance.
- Members must maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance.
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility.
- All staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (All staff must wear masks in all common areas and gloves for anyone cleaning).
- All members over the age of five (5) will be required to wear face coverings in ALL areas inside of YMCA facilities except while physically swimming in the pools or private program classes in session.
- Member’s total visit time will be limited to 90 minutes. 30 minutes per cardio machine.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members must wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after working out.
- Increased signage throughout the building to support social distancing, hand-washing and equipment cleaning.
- Group exercise classes will continue outdoors and virtually through YMCA Phase I. No indoor classes.
- No basketball.
- No use of whirlpool, saunas or steam rooms.
- No FunZone.
- Coffee will not be available.
- Water fountains will not be in use, please bring your own water bottle.
- Facility use will only be for members during YMCA Phase I. No guests will be permitted.
We will continue to review operations regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state, and local guidelines. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home.
As we prepare to reopen, the YMCA of Frederick County is implementing the following safety protocols in an effort to reduce the health risks for members, staff.
What the YMCA is doing:
- Single Entry (and single Exit, as much as possible): To help us maintain our safety protocols, we will maintain a single entry point at all YMCA locations. At the Downtown Y, those physically capable, have the option to exit from the health and wellness center side stairs to the side parking lot.
- Temperature Checks: Both staff and members will receive temperature checks before being allowed to start their work shift or to check-in.
- PPE for All Staff: All staff will be required to wear masks in common areas and other personal protective equipment for those that are cleaning.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry. Or a contactless check-in will be provided.
- Designed for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
How can you help maintain safe environment?
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Be Ready for Temperature Checks: All members will have their temperature taken prior to check-in.
- Keep the Kids at Home: We are unable to provide Fun Zone service at this time. Please do not bring children and other family members with you as common area seating will be unavailable
- Bring a Towel, a Mask, and a Water Bottle (But no Bags): Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel, as needed. The Y also requests that members bring a mask and wear it at all times. Bags of any type or size should be left at home.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our wellness areas will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity, you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down ALL equipment before and after use with the provided cleaning materials.
- Please bring a mask, a workout towel, and a water bottle. Leave your bag at home. (Locker rooms will be closed.)
- We ask that you wear a mask wat all times.
Friday, June 19 at 5 pm
- Health and Wellness Center
- Walking Track
- Outdoor Group Exercise Classes
- Virtual Classes with your favorite instructors via Facebook LIVE
- Virtual Classes on YMCA360
Open as of 6 am, Monday, June 22:
- Racquetball courts with no more than 1 person playing. Reservation required. It is recommended you bring your own racquet.
- Pools (lap swim and water walking) and locker rooms (only for those swimming). Reservations required.
As of Monday, June 29:
- Child Watch will start Monday, June 29 in the game room at the Downtown Branch only.
- Max. 10 children
- Ages: 2-8 years, must be potty-trained
- Reservations required
- Time limit: 60 minutes
- Hours: M-Sat. – 8am-11:30am; M-F 4pm-7:30pm
As of July 6:
- Pickleball will open for groups no larger than 4. Court time must be reserved.
- The Fun Zone is closed at both branches.
- All indoor group activities remain suspended, including most group exercise classes
- Lobbies and coffee station will be unavailable.
- Water fountains will be closed, only the bottle-fillers will be available.
- Pickup Basketball is suspended for the time being
- Sauna, Steam rooms and the whirlpool remain closed
- Locker rooms are only open for those swimming.
Keep the Kids at Home