The Y offers fitness classes specifically designed for older adults. These classes give participants an opportunity to build strength, maintain bone density, and improve balance and mobility. Y Active Older Adult Fitness programs accommodate functional abilities so that everyone can stay fit and healthy.
Fitness classes include Ai Chi, Hatha Yoga, Senior Swim, Warm Water Exercise, Water Exercise/Low-Pact, and Water Walking.
For an updated list of class times, please view our pool and group fitness schedules on our Schedules page.
- Ai Chi. A graceful and rhythmic class that emphasizes balance and body control with simple exercises and relaxation in warm water.
- GoLo. This is a low impact, high-intensity fitness class for those who want a total body workout.
- Hatha Yoga. A series of traditional postures to help release tension and stress by combining deep breathing with gentle stretching.
- Senior Strength. Each class will have a strong focus on Cardio training, strength building, core stability, and balance exercises. Every week will feature a new focus area so participants should plan on being challenged in different ways in each class.
- Senior Swim & Water Volleyball. Designed for older adults who want to participate in swimming activities. Participants ages 55 and older can enjoy a relaxing swim or senior volleyball.
- Tai Chi. Exercises that consist of slow and relaxed movements in a self-paced system of gently physical exercise and stretching.
- Warm Water Exercise. Exercise without putting strain on joints and muscles. This is a warm water exercise program that is designed for people with arthritis or anyone requiring a low impact exercise program.
- Water Exercise / Low-Impact. This is a low-impact water exercise class designed for those with limited mobility, injury, or those who have not exercised in a long time.
- Water Walking. This program focuses on shallow water walking for those who want to exercise but without the stress or impact.