When school is out, the Y is in! We are committed to serving all students engaged in distance learning by providing full-day educational childcare, Monday through Friday, 6:3 0am-6:30 pm. Y Learning will combine fun, character-building activities with an education enrichment component. Participants will receive homework help, along with dedicated time to complete school assignments. Y trained staff will be able to offer additional opportunities for participants interested in honing in on valuable math, reading, or science skills.
All proper health and safety protocols will continue to be taken including:
- temperature checks,
- extensive sanitization,
- social distancing,
- mask requirements
- and more.
Learn Y | Y Cares Components:
- Character Academy – Encourages social and emotional development of each student while building upon the Y’s character values (honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility)
- Enrichment Centers – Taking a holistic approach to the academic enrichment of every student, our well-rounded program will include Arts, Humanities, STEM, Literacy, and PE.
- Learning Centers – Caring staff will provide academic support and extended learning opportunities for students who need more time, specialized engagement, and direction to complete class assignments.
- Activity Zones – Sports and Nature Enrichment, Parks, Playgrounds and so much more to keep students physically active when not actively engaged in learning.
- Zoom Rooms – Quiet space staffed to support students participating in their scheduled distance education.
Spots are limited and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration for current childcare families opens 8/4. Registration for new families opens Saturday, 8/8.
You can print the application below or pick one up at your local YMCA Branch. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com.
We understand that you may have additional questions, please feel free to contact your local YMCA branch.
Our educational enrichment program is designed to provide your child with the time and space to complete their virtual coursework. Our Y staff will do our best to provide guidance, however, we will not be able to teach the children’s lessons or monitor individual progress because of the mixed-age and school groupings since all lessons would be different per child. Please review all assignments and teacher communication channels with your child prior to dropping them off so our teacher will be able to efficiently assist you in assignment completion.
Yes, please send your child with their own device, including charger, each day to complete their required assignments. If your child needs physical supplies for an assignment (construction paper, markers, etc.) please pack those required materials for your student. The Y will not be able to provide tablets/devices for everyone, though we do have some backups should they forget.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of campers and the potential volume of printed materials, we will not be able to print assignments for your child. Please print assignments in advance.
Our schedule will provide half of the day for completing assignments and studying, most assignments should be able to be completed in the half-day provided. If a student has not completed their work, they will still participate in the camp program and will need to complete the remaining assignments at home. If a student finishes early, they may use the remaining time for independent reading, educational games, and activities.
While this may change as we all adapt to virtual learning, our morning session will be dedicated to completing virtual school assignments. Children will have space and time to connect with their teachers, complete assignments, and read. Following lunch, campers will participate in active and engaging day camp activities by age group, sports, games, and STEM activities.
No. Children will need a packed lunch and a water bottle daily. We will provide a morning and afternoon snack.
Yes, for the safety and security of all students and staff, we will require all children to wear a facial covering while indoors.
- Tablet/ Laptop
- Charger for device
- Any required materials for assignments (i.e. paper, printed materials, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen (for outside play in the afternoon)
- Tennis shoes (No open-toed shoes please)
- Lunch and fillable water bottle
- Optional: Book, if your child completes assignments early.
Head Start (Preschool)
Our Head Start preschool program provides comprehensive education, social, health, and nutrition services. Through this program, children are able to participate in educational experiences and receive helpful benefits. Our Preschool program is here to develop skills for classroom readiness: socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively. Children participate in educational experiences, field trips, and health screenings as well as being provided education, social, health, and nutrition services.