As we move into summer and the economy reopens, we expect a great demand for summer camp and childcare.
Many people have been furloughed, have depleted their savings, and will rely on having safe affordable childcare to reenter the workplace. Thanks to past donors, our Y Endowment Fund will help by providing scholarships this summer but we will need support from individuals, companies, and foundations to help cover the balance of the scholarship needs.
- When you give to the YMCA COVID-19 Fund, you are ensuring the emergency services we are providing at this time, continues. Giving is easy, just text Text Covid19ER to 71777. (Msg & data rates may apply.)
- For those who are unable to give now, there are many options to support the Y by joining the Legacy Society with a bequest gift. Legacy Society members can choose to have the interest of your funds to provide scholarships or you can have your money go into a nonrestrictive fund that can be used to help the Y with projects in the future.
- Chose to invest in the future of the Y through the Endowment Fund, which provides financial security and support in perpetuity. Your commitment can secure a foundation that will continue to address these most urgent needs in our community.
Your gift, no matter the amount, can help provide critical support to the Frederick Community at this time.
How is the YMCA serving the community and support the efforts to keep Frederick County residents healthy and safe?
Established for more than 160+ years, the Frederick YMCA has always been an organization that has chosen to walk in the direction of a challenge. Today is no different and we are continuing to focus our resources on those who need the most during this time of crisis.
- As the largest childcare provider in the county, and responding to a request from the office of MSDE, The Y is aligning to serve parents who must work, including health care workers, first responders and “essential” employees protecting our community. These families need safe and reliable places for their children and at this time the YMCA has committed to being there for them.
- Partnering with the Religious Coalition, the Y is providing Camp West Mar for emergency shelter for children and families in need of temporary housing.
- Working with a variety of local charities, the Y is serving as a donation drop-off location for a variety of local charities including the Mental Health Association, SOAR, and the Rescue Mission to name a few. Communities are stronger when everyone works together!
- Providing much-needed resources, from food for Head Start families, access to fresh-affordable produce, and hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive, the Y is here for our community.
- Outdoor group fitness classes, small-group training and sport skill clinics, provide the health and wellness needed at this time while following CDC guidelines.
- Hosting a Farmers’ Market on Tuesday and a Community SNAP Produce Market on Wednesdays ensures the community has access to healthy fruits and vegetables.
We are blessed to serve such a caring and loving community. Thanks for your continued support of the Frederick Y.
Should you or a loved one be interested in learning more about planned giving options at the YMCA of Frederick County, please contact Tom Clingman at 301-663-5131 or email@example.com