YMCA and Community Resources
We know this time is mentally, physically and financially trying for many individuals so here are a few resources that may help if you have a need.
For Members Only
To assist our current BASE families who may still have to report to work, the YMCA will be offering an All Day Out program at Camp West Mar.
Shuttles will pick up at Staley Park and drive children to Camp West Mar in the beautiful Catoctin Mountains. Children will be broken up by ages into small groups and will include crafts, sports and plenty of outside activities, as weather permits. Program attendees must bring a bagged lunch and morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
- Dates: All Day Out program starts Monday, March 16 and will run through Friday, March 27. The program will run 6:30am-6:30pm.
- Cost: $40 a day, you can register for the full two weeks or only the days you need.
- Registration: All Day Out program has a maximum capacity of 175 and is first-come first serve. Registration will open as early as 9am Friday, March 13, 2020. Online or in person.
Shuttles: The first shuttle leaves Staley Park at 7:30am (or when full) and additional runs will be made as children arrive and the next bus is full. All children must be dropped off by 9 am at Staley Park. Shuttles will depart Camp West Mar starting at 4:00pm and the children will be returned to Staley park for pick up between 4:45pm and 6:30pm. You may also self-transport your child to Camp West Mar if you wish. Please do not arrive at Camp West Mar before 8:00 am and you will need to pick your child up by 5:00 pm.
Free and Open to the Public
Free Breakfast, Lunches and Suppers
FCPS Maryland will be serving FREE boxed breakfast, lunch and super to all children 18 years and younger and adults older than 18 years old who are enrolled in an education program for persons with disabilities at the following schools Monday through Friday from March 16-27, 2020.
Breakfast: 8:30-9:30 AM, Lunch: 11:30 AM-12:30 PM
• Ballenger Creek Elementary
• Crestwood Middle School
• Frederick High School
• Hillcrest Elementary School
• Lincoln Elementary School
• Monocacy Elementary School
• North Frederick Elementary School
• Waverley Elementary School
Free Boxed School Lunches
These locations will provide boxed lunches to-go only from 11:30am-12:30pm, look for the bright yellow school bus:
- Brunswick – Rite Aid Parking Lot, Brunswick Heights Shopping Center, 92 Souder Road, Brunswick
- Buckeystown United Methodist Church – Parking Lot, 3440 Buckeystown Pike, Frederick
- Emmitsburg Elementary – School Parking Lot, 300 South Seton Avenue, Emmitsburg
- Heather Ridge – School Parking Lot, 1445 Taney Avenue, Frederick
- Lucas Village Community Center – 111 Pennsylvania Avenue, Frederick
- Max Kehne Ball Field – Parking Lot, 1100 West 7th Street, Frederick
- Thurmont Elementary – School Parking Lot, 805 E. Main Street, Thurmont
- Walkersville – Discovery Shopping Center Parking Lot (Goodwill Store), 8425 Woodsboro Pike, Walkersville
• Children do NOT have to live in Frederick County to receive free meals.
• Children do NOT have to be Frederick County Public School students receive free meals.
• Children do NOT have to be students at the participating school to receive free meals.
• Children will be allowed to take their meals to go. Participating schools will have containers and bags for children to transport their meals.
If you have questions, please call the FCPS food and nutrition services office at 301-644-5061.
Other Food Resources
- Canape Catering, located at Highland Tech Park 550 Highland Street Suite 103 Frederick, MD 21701, is offering free lunches to any school-aged child, Mon.-Fri., March 16-29 and March 23-27. No purchase necessary. Eat in or Carry Out.
- Community Produce Market will be open Wednesdays from 3-6 pm at the Downtown Y for affordable fresh produce.
In times like these, The Mental Health Association Call Center provides:
- A caring and supportive voice
- Resources and information that show the way forward
- Help in the midst of a crisis
- Call Specialists available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Services free of charge and available to EVERYONE
What number should I call?
- 2-1-1 or 866-411-6803 for Information, Referral and Crisis Intervention – For Frederick County and all of Western Maryland – Airtime and other charges may apply for cell phone users
- 301-662-2255 for Hotline: Crisis intervention, information, referrals and phone support
- 301-694-8255 for Phone Friend: Available for children in 1st through 5th Grade
- 2-1-1, press 1 for Maryland’s Helpline: Crisis, intervention, phone support, information & referrals
- 4MDYouth.org has Live chat for youth
- 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline