YMCA and Community Resources
We know this time is mentally, physically and financially trying for many individuals so here are a few resources that may help if you have a need.
Donations Needed for Local Charities
The YMCA is serving as a Donation Drop-Off Location for local charities.
We will be accepting donations from 6:30 am-6:30 pm at the Downtown YMCA.
- Adult Pull-ups
- Cleaning Supplies (paper towels, bleach, Clorox bathroom cleaner, latex gloves, masks, Lysol or Clorox wipes, Lysol Spray, Hand Sanitizer)
- Computers for Kids
- Diapers, Baby Wipes and Pull-Ups
- Gift Cards/Cash
- Kitty Litter
- Meal containers (plastic, styrofoam, cardboard)
- Medical Supplies (first aid kits, etc)
- Non-perishable Food Items
- Toilet Paper
- Toiletries and Personal Hygiene Supplies
- Sewn fabric face mask [pattern]
We are accepting donations on behalf of, and will be distributing items to, these local charities:
- BASE families
- Frederick Rescue Mission
- Heartly House
- Housing Authority
- Mental Health Association
- Religious Coalition
- Frederick County Aging Department
- SOAR (Supporting Older Adults through Resources)
If you have any questions, please call the Downtown YMCA.
- All services are fare-free to eliminate unnecessary contact between passengers and drivers. If contact
with passenger belongings such as personal mobility devices is necessary, drivers are required to wear
- Each evening and on Sundays, our fleet is disinfected with a hospital-grade anti-viral misting spray.
This spray coats all surfaces of the interior of the bus, disinfecting in minutes.
- TransIT requiring facial covering (update April 9)
Free Breakfast, Lunch and Supper for school children
FCPS Maryland will be serving FREE boxed breakfast, lunch and supper to all children 18 years and younger and adults older than 18 years old who are enrolled in an education program for persons with disabilities.
- Children DO NOT have to be present.
- Children do NOT have to live in Frederick County to receive free meals.
- Children do NOT have to be Frederick County Public School students receive free meals.
- Children do NOT have to be students at the participating school to receive free meals.
- Children will be allowed to take their meals to go. Participating schools will have containers and bags for children to transport their meals.
If you have questions, please call the FCPS food and nutrition services office at 301-644-5061.
Blessings In A Backpack
Every Friday, starting April 3
All are welcome
EVERYONE MUST WEAR FACE MASKS
1. Amber Meadows – Weiss Parking Lot, Opossumtown Pike – red car
2. Heather Ridge School – Taney Ave – near Yellow Bus
3. Lucas Village Community Center – near Yellow Bus
4. Discovery Shopping Center (Walkersville) – near Yellow Bus
5. Hickory Hills – by leasing office
6. Robin Meadows – by pool
7. New Market Shopping Center – near Yellow Bus
8. Hillcrest Elementary School – near grab & go distribution location
9. Ballenger Creek Elementary School – near grab & go distribution location
10. 7th Street Shopping Center – by Giant Eagle, near Yellow Bus
11. Concord Mobile Home Park Community – Jefferson – near Yellow Bus
12. Brunswick Shopping Center – near Yellow Bus
13. Thurmont Elementary School Parking Lot – near Yellow Bus
14. Spring Ridge Elementary – near Yellow Bus
15. Crestwood Middle School – near grab & go distribution location
16. Emmitsburg – Jubilee Foods Parking lot – near Yellow Bus
17. Waterside Drive – (Waterside, Highlands, Deerbought) in Pasquale’s shopping center
18. Countryside Apts. – Entrance at Rt.85 and Conestoga Trail
19. Twin Ridge Elementary – parking lot – Friday ONLY 1:30-3:00 NEW TIME
BIAB will also be at the following schools from 11:00 -1:00 on Friday, May 8th Waverley, Lincoln, Whittier, No. Frederick, Monocacy Elementary, Tuscarora Elementary, Centerville, Green Valley, Glade
Follow “Blessings in a Backpack, Frederick, MD” on Facebook for up-to-date information!
Community Produce Market
The YMCA will still be holding its Community Produce Market, Wednesdays from 3-6 pm, at the Downtown Y for affordable fresh produce.
In times like these, The Mental Health Association Call Center provides:
- A caring and supportive voice
- Resources and information that show the way forward
- Help in the midst of a crisis
- Call Specialists available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Services free of charge and available to EVERYONE
What number should I call?
- 2-1-1 or 866-411-6803 for Information, Referral and Crisis Intervention – For Frederick County and all of Western Maryland – Airtime and other charges may apply for cell phone users
- 301-662-2255 for Hotline: Crisis intervention, information, referrals and phone support
- 301-694-8255 for Phone Friend: Available for children in 1st through 5th Grade
- 2-1-1, press 1 for Maryland’s Helpline: Crisis, intervention, phone support, information & referrals
- 4MDYouth.org has Live chat for youth
- 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
ReadyRosie is a fantastic family engagement tool that our Head Start program uses with families. We have partnered with FCPS to be able to offer this program with all Frederick County preschoolers, age birth to 5 years!
- Visit App.readyrosie.com/en/register
- Click on “Register by zip code”
- Enter zip code: 21701
- Frederick County Public Schools will pop up, choose and follow the prompts to register
Ready Rosie uses modeled moments to engage families in learning anytime, anywhere. Their videos are simple and use real families.
- Virtual Learning Hub, Grades 6-12: Support Learning at Home with Remote Lessons and Activities in ELA, Social Studies, Science, Math, and Health
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day by day projects to keep kids reading, thinking and growing. Grades PreK-grade 9.
YMCA Team Members and Head Start staff will be reading their favorite stories and posting on our YouTube channel!