Schedule and Program Changes
Updated March 27, 2020
The YMCA of Frederick has been closely monitoring the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19 in Maryland and beyond. We are taking the following steps to help mitigate the community spread of COVID-19. While we understand that some of these steps may cause disruption to you and your family, please note that they are designed to correlate with announced social distancing guidelines.
These measures will be in place for no less than two weeks. Since this is a rapidly evolving situation, there may be additional precautions necessary. The availability of staff and supplies are critical to our delivery of service. If at any time either of these falls below standards, additional services may be either interrupted or discontinued.
- Facility: Our fitness, health and wellness centers, swimming pools and classes/programs are closed and/or suspended. As of now, the facility will remain closed for fitness and recreation until the Governor lifts the ban on large groups.
- Before and After Care at FCPS School Sites: The closure of Frederick County Public Schools made it necessary for us to cancel this program beginning on Monday, March 16 through April 24. We are providing School-Age All Day Out programming for emergency personnel, visit our Emergency Childcare page for more information.
- Early Learning Center Daycare: Remaining open, with extended hours for Emergency Personnel. Refer to our Emergency Childcare page for more information.
- Head Start will be closed per Frederick County Public Schools (FCPS) from 3/16-4/24. HS activities will not be completed in person, please complete a “preapplication.”
- Child Watch in the Fun Zone: Closed.
- Health & Wellness/Fitness: Closed. Check out our Virtual YMCA services.
- Aquatics: Closed
- Workshops/Training/Special Events: All workshops, trainings, and special events are canceled or rescheduled. For example: The Comedy & Magic Spectacular is rescheduled for September 18; Healthy Kids Day is canceled.
- Youth Sports: Cancelled. If you’re registered for a paid program, we are offering a credit for the unused portion of the program that you can apply to future programs. For example, if your child was in a five-week program and has participated in four weeks, you will be credited for one week. The credit will be applied to your account once we know the length of the closure.
- Teen Programming: Closed.
Established for more than 160+ years, we have always been an organization that has chosen to walk in the direction of a challenge. Today is no different and we must focus our resources on those who need us most during this time of crisis.