Frequently Asked Questions
First and foremost, thank you for your patience. COVID-19 is a quickly evolving situation and we’re working as quickly as possible to meet the needs of our members, employees, and community. Here is the most up to date information we have.
Are you closed?
Due to the statewide mandate to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Y branches and buildings are closed to recreation. As we quickly respond to the community’s most critical need, our branches are open for childcare for essential staff and first responders. As well as serving as a donation drop-off location for other local charities and hosting the Community Produce Market and Red Cross blood drives. We will provide details on our website, and via email, as the situation changes.
Are you refunding or crediting paid programming (fitness or youth)?
If you’re registered for a paid program, we are offering a credit for the unused portion of the program that you can apply to future programs. For example, if your child was in a five-week program and has participated in four weeks, you will be credited for one week. The credit will be applied to your account once we know the length of the closure.
Are you offering virtual workouts?
Yes! We have put together virtual resources that will allow you to stay active while at home. Check out Your Virtual YMCA!
How Can I Help?
We are so humbled and appreciative of those asking us how they can help us as we respond to community needs. With our typical Y branch operations suspended during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, we’re shifting our work to support critical needs:
- Continuing to support our employees and facilities
- Providing virtual resources including fitness and educational resources
- Identifying the areas of greatest need for families
- Providing childcare for first responders and essential workers
- Making well-being calls to our most vulnerable members
- Continuing our Community Produce Market program
- Hosting blood drives to replenish depleted blood stores
- Serving as a donation drop-off location for other local charities
- Partnering with the Religious Coalition, the YMCA’s Camp West Mar is being used as an emergency shelter for those in need
You may choose one of the following options below:
Remain a Y Member, A Sustaining Cause-driven Member
Will you help us support our community? We need all hands on deck. Remain a cause-driven Y Member by continuing to pay your monthly membership dues. Your funds will help us pivot to serve the highest need in our community.
No action is required to remain a Y Member. You will continue paying your monthly membership dues and we will use your membership fees to help those in the community with the greatest need.
See how we’re responding to community needs with your help
Change or Pause Your Y Membership
If you are unable to maintain your current Y membership at this time, please utilize one of the following methods so that we may process your request:
- Downgrade – Request to Downgrade your membership to 50% of your normal monthly fee through June 2020 by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hold – Submit a request put your membership on a Hold through June 2020 with no fee by emailing holdmembership@
- Cancel – Submit a required written notification request to Cancel your Y membership by emailing stopmembership@
Please let us know if you have any additional questions. You can call our Downtown YMCA, Mon.-Fri., from 6:30am-6:30pm at (301) 663-5131.