Update to the Mask Policy within the YMCA
(Effective July 1, 2021, posted July 7, 2021)
Masks are optional for those fully vaccinated. Masks are required inside for children under 12 and those not fully vaccinated.
We recognize that some people may choose to continue to wear masks for a variety of reasons. We support everyone that walks through our doors in their personal choice.
Adults/Youth (Ages 12+)
- Masks no longer required in the facility for fully vaccinated members and guests.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, we ask that you be socially responsible and continue to wear a mask for the safety of the children in our facilities.
Children age 3-11 (Child Care and Summer Camp)
MSDE and MDH regulate our Child Care and Camps. The following are the recommendations and requirements put forth by these two regulatory bodies and the CDC:
- Indoors: All campers will wear facial coverings when indoors with the exception of eating, swimming, etc.
- Outdoors: Masks are no longer required outdoors. Any camper is welcome to wear a mask outdoors should they choose to do so.
- Children age 2 and under are not required to wear a mask.
(Effective Friday, 7/9 at 5am)
- All staff working with children will wear facial coverings indoors; vaccinated staff working with children will not be required to wear masks outdoors.
- Staff not working with children, that are vaccinated, do not need to wear a mask indoors or outdoors.
- All unvaccinated staff will be required to wear masks indoors and while leading or participating in Y activities outdoors.
An update to this YMCA policy will be provided by August 1, 2021.