The Frederick Kid’s Triathlon supports LiveWell Frederick and their community partners in their efforts to bring healthy living to all youth in the Frederick area through their 5-2-1-0 program. All proceeds from this race will assist youth by offering financial assistance to help them be active and stay healthy through the programs offered a the YMCA.
Date: Saturday, June 2, 2018
Middletown High School
200 School House Rd.
Middletown, MD 21769
Start Time: 7:30am (Rain or Shine)
Athletes may also register in person at both YMCA locations:
Downtown Y – 1000 North Market St, Frederick, MD 21701
Green Valley Y – 2600 Fingerboard Rd, Monrovia, MD 21780
Mail in registrations are accepted and must be mailed with payment by check only by May 28, 2018. Download Registration Form here.
Registration remains open on www.raceentry.com until 6/1/2018 at 12:00pm. You may continue to register for the race at packet pick-up* and on race day until 7:00am.
PARENTS: PLEASE REVIEW THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATING CHILD
Ages 6 to 8, 9 to 10, 11 to 12 and 13 to 15. Athletes’ age is determined by age on December 31, 2018. Relay teams may include any ages from 6 to 15 and will race the same lengths as the 13 to 15 years old youth. Each age category will be defined by a color and each athlete will be provided identification to their specific age category color. These colors will also be used on the course directional signs for the bike and run routes.
New this year! We have added a “New participant” Category for any age 6-15. This category is for those that have never competed or participated in a Triathlon event. We would like to introduce those new to the sport an opportunity to try their first race at a discount.
Swim - 50 yards
Bike - 1.5 miles
Run - .5 mile
Swim - 100 yards
Bike - 3 miles
Run - 1.5 mile
Swim - 100 yards
Bike - 3 miles
Run - 1 mile
|Ages 13-15 & Relay Teams:|
Swim - 150 yards
Bike - 4.5 miles
Run - 1.5 mile
The Swim is indoor 25 yards in length.
The bike route is 1.5 miles. For ages 6 to 8 the athletes will complete one lap of the route and return to the transition area. Ages 9 to 10 and 11 to 12 will complete two laps of the route and return to the transition area. Ages 13 to 15 will complete three laps of the route and then return to the transition area.
The run route is .5 miles around the perimeter of the school property. For ages 6 to 8 the athletes will complete one lap of the route to finish line. Ages 9 to 10 will complete two laps of the route to finish line. The 11 to 12 and 13 to 15 will complete three laps of the route to the finish line. There is a designated lane beside the finish line area that racers will use for their second and final laps. This area will be well marked.
- Age Group Wave Starts. 13-15yr old & Relays will be the first wave. 11 to 12 year olds will follow with 6 to 8 year olds last.
- If you feel like you need assistance during the swim, roll over on your back and raise your arm in the air.
1.5 miles (Lap)
COURSE MAP: CLICK HERE
- Hard shell helmets must be worn and fastened before leaving the transition area.
- Stay to the right to allow faster cyclists to pass on the left.
- There will be vehicle traffic on the bike course. Be careful and stay to the right!
- No headphones, earphones or any radio-type devices will be allowed
- There are plenty of volunteers but it is ultimately your responsibility to know the course.
- This is a 1, 2 or 3 loop bike course on smooth residential roads and a bike path.
RUN COURSE MAP: CLICK HERE
- The .50 mile course is a lap around the perimeter of the school property. The course will be well marked. There will be directional signs at every turn on the run course. There are chalk arrows on the course.
- DO NOT CUT CORNERS.
- Aid/water station will be located at the beginning of the run.
- No headphones, earphones or any radio-type devices will be allowed.
- You must have your run number visible on the front of your body, as you cross the finish line. Failure to do so will result in a two minute penalty.
All relays will swim, bike and run the distance of the longest course or the 13-15 year old division distances.
Pre-race Bike and Run practice/clinic is scheduled for Sunday, May 13, 2018 at Middletown High School at 1:00pm. Meet at the front entrance of the school.
Packet pick up is scheduled for Thursday, May 31,2018 2:00pm-8:00pm, and Friday, June 1, 2018 from 9:00am-1:00pm Location: Downtown Y at 1000 North Market St., Frederick, MD 21701. Packets can be picked up on race day starting at 6:00am.