The YMCA of Frederick County has been approved for Essential Personnel Child Care and Essential Personnel School-Age programs.
The YMCA will be providing programming for children ages 6 weeks through age 12. Programming is available from 6:30 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., Mon.-Fri. Parents will need to send their children with a lunch and water bottle with their name clearly displayed.
What does this mean? You will need to review and complete the newly created “Family Registration Form” issued by the Maryland State Department of Education. In order for the Y to provide service to you and your family, you will need to qualify as an Essential Personnel, as defined by the Governor‘s Executive Order issued March 25.
The Good News: As of Monday, March 30, if you qualify as essential personnel, you can receive childcare at no cost to you.
Next Steps: YOU will need to determine if you are considered Essential Personnel. If you receive care and the State deems that you did not meet the Essential Personnel requirement, then you will be responsible for payments at that time. Here is the list we have been given:
- Providers of healthcare, long term or acute patient care, emergency medical or pharmaceutical services
- Public Health Employees
- Law enforcement personnel
- Correctional Services employees
- Firefighters and other first responders
- Government workers required to work in the State of Emergency
- Employees and representatives of insurance carriers
- National Guard called to active duty
- Staff or providers of child care or education services, including custodial and food service worker
- Food distributors and suppliers
- Transportation and delivery services personnel
- Gasoline service station operators and auto mechanics
- Critical Infrastructure employees, such as emergency and support personnel for gas and electric utility operations, public works, water treatment, and waste management
- Personnel of other institutions ORDERED to remain open during the State of Emergency
- Other persons the State Superintendent deems necessary
In addition to the MSDE form indicating your place of employment, we will need to have documentation of such employment. We will require either an ID badge, letter from employer, or a pay stub.
To inquire about availability and for paperwork to apply, contact:
- Diana Lewis, BASE (School Age Program) email@example.com, 1–301–663–5131 ext. 1269
- Krista Kaplan, ELC Downtown Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1–301–663–5131 ext. 1278
- Tammy DeGrange, ELC Green Valley Director, email@example.com, 1–301–607–6258
PLEASE NOTE: We are only processing registrations from 6:30am-6:30pm, Mon.-Fri.