Before & After School Care
As the largest provider of school-age programs in Frederick County, we help hundreds of children every day reach their fullest potential in a welcoming, supportive environment. By incorporating the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility into all of our youth services programming, we give children the solid foundation they need to thrive—not only in school, but beyond.
Our Before and After School Enrichment (B.A.S.E.) program operates from 6:30 a.m. until the regular school day begins, and after school from school dismissal until 6:30 p.m. We follow the Frederick County school calendar and offer care on days that school opens late or dismisses early. On most school closing days, we also provide child care at designated sites. Children are provided with a nutritious snack every afternoon.
B.A.S.E. follows the Maryland State licensing guidelines for child care. Our directors are experienced, fully licensed child care providers with background checks and CPR/First Aid training. Children participate in recreation-based activities that incorporate the core content areas of the National YMCA curriculum including:
• Arts & Humanities
• Performing Arts
• Character Development
• Health, Wellness & Fitness
• Homework support
• Service Learning
• Social Competence and Conflict Resolution
B.A.S.E. is offered at these Frederick County elementary schools during the upcoming/current school year:
• Ballenger Creek
• Carroll Creek Montessori
• Carroll Manor
• Deer Crossing
• Kemptown (register at Green Valley branch)
• North Frederick
• Orchard Grove
• Spring Ridge
• Thurmont Primary (Elementary students may attend)
• Twin Ridge
• Yellow Springs
- Please note that all Member rates are applicable only for children who are part of a Household or Family Membership. Individual Youth memberships will pay the Non-member rate.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $25 per child is required at the time of registration. Fee applies to families receiving YMCA financial assistance. Fee is waived for POC recipients.
- Before registration, please download our B.A.S.E registration packet and complete all required forms.
- New program participants will also need to complete a Health Packet.
For more information, contact Diana Lewis at 301-663-5131, ext. 1269 of email@example.com